Synapse 1.5 has been released and is available for download.
- Full multicore support for optimizers.
- A new Fully Forward Connected Perceptron Array (FFCPA) advanced neural network block.
- New non-linear gradient optimization algorithms.
- Improved SQL interoperability and data loading performance improvement.
- Control system customization (for deployment)
- Many performance improvements and bug fixes.
If you have Synapse installed and automatic updates enabled, you'll get the 1.5 version just by starting up Synapse - for Windows 7 & Server 2008 installations, read note below. Customers can download the full installation package from the customer area. A 30-day evaluation version can be downloaded here.
Very important upgrade information
Due to recent changes to the way Windows handles file and directory permissions, if you have User Account Control (UAC) activated the Synapse automatic updates will fail. This is because it no longer has permissions to write to its own plugin directory. In order for the upgrade to work you need to right click on the Synapse icon and select "Run as administrator".
You will only need to do this once as the 1.5 version is compatible with the newer Windows permission policy.